Thursday 18 September 2008

Leave that Monkee's Moobs alone!

Poor old Davy Jones committed the heinous crime of exposing his moobs (man-boobs) at a concert recently and caused an uproar. The papers reported that the once youthful heart-throb wasn't a patch on the Cheeky Monkee of the swinging sixties. The guy is 62, so I say give him a break.  I take my hat off to anyone in the limelight that dares to buck the ridiculous trend for Peter Pan celebs who never, never grow old. Frozen faces, bloated lips and crease-free pensioners... it's just so freakish. And, as for the surprise that this teen idol of forty years ago has piled on a few extra pounds with the advancing years, it would be laughable to expect otherwise. One commentator surmised:  "He has let his physique go somewhat through lack of exercise.  He may also have made a few poor food choices." Well, I don't know about anyone else, but when I get to Jones' vintage, I hope that I am enjoying life and relaxing the rules a bit... I'd rather have the odd cream cake and put my feet up now and again, than spend my life on a treadmill, running away from Old Father Time.

No comments: