Monday 12 May 2008

Sticking to a career goal

My career has three eras to date.  The first, after university, was a stint in retail.  Bizarre to think of the days when I served Ringo Starr in Prada.  And nearly fell into a rail of posh garms when Robbie Williams strutted through the door.  Then came my PR phase... highlights include hurtling across Kingsway in Holborn with a giant turkey trying to get it cooked for a Christmas press show.  And serving cocktails at the Hilton's Windows bar, where we hosted a party for Jasper Conran. Now, after a second university sentence, I am reborn as a writer, penning words for magazines and commercial clients.  I'm still on the PR grapevine and happy to write PR stuff like press releases. It takes a steely will not to get roped back into being a fully-fledged PR -- in that field, money doesn't exactly grow on trees, but it is certainly easier to come by.  But I'm staying focused -- a lot of sweat has gone into getting where I am and getting sidetracked could cost me more than dollar.

No comments: