Thursday 17 April 2008

Miami? Nice!


I am so excited to be just three days away from a holiday in Miami. The nine hour flight is the only blot on an otherwise tropical landscape. Nine hours with a baby on your lap is a real challenge. How do people do it? I usually cope with long flights by self-administering a medicinal G&T or two, watching bad movies and, finally, trying to catch 40 winks. The pain of annoying co-passengers can be soothed by wearing ear plugs (so you can't hear them) and an eye mask (so you can't see them). Then, the only indication that they are there is the odd shunt to the back of your seat or an elbow in your eye socket. This time will be different. Not only will I have to be aware of my surroundings and alert enough to look after my boy, but I will also be worrying whether we are offending other passengers with our shuffling and noise. If I suddenly find myself surrounded by masked people shoving plugs into their ears, I will know the score.

No comments: